As mentioned in the June issue of BARK magazine, be careful about letting your dog drink from a garden hose, either directly or indirectly (e.g., I use a hose to fill wading pools for the dogs to splash in, and of course they also drink from the pools). Most hoses are made from PVC, which contain Phthalates (a chemical used to soften plastics), and these may be linked to birth defects and cancer (among other things) . . . and then there is the issue of lead in the hose brass fittings. Here at the Lodge I use a hose that I bought from Home Depot that is drinking-water safe, lined with a bacteria and mold inhibitor, and is lead free. Needless to say, this hose is safe for me to drink from as well!